[cvsnt-dev] Re: make distclean in cvsnt-2.5.02.2040

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Jul 26 22:22:22 BST 2005

Andreas Tscharner wrote:
> Hello Tony, hello World,
>
> The
>
> make distclean
>
> command has an error. It stop in the expat directory, leaving the lib\,
> the libltdl\ and the main directory uncleaned.
> Furthermore it does not remove pcre\dftables
>
> This is boring as I'm trying to create a Debian package and this process
> needs a clean package for correct processing.

Distclean is funny like that :)

It'll fail on any directory that wasn't compiled (due to a system
version existing).  On my build it fails on pcre, since I have the
libpcre3-dev package installed.

There isn't a way around it unfortunately... you could do the distclean
yourself I guess - a find on all the .libs directories and all the .la
files should be enough.

I was thinking of doing a debian package but haven't got around to it..
it'd have to be split into several packages to avoid pulling in unwanted
dependencies (eg. the gserver protocol pulls in MIT, the databases pull
in sqlite, mysql, postgresql.. all of these should be optional).

As far as the dftables thing goes I'd report that the pcre maintainers
if it's an issue as the one in the directory is a pretty much unchanged
version of the pcre source.