[cvsnt-dev] Re: 2.5.02.2040 compilation fails under Linux

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Jul 26 23:34:26 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> David Somers wrote:
>> My guess would be to check for the version of libodbc that's installed.
>
> The library version is 1.0.0... they don't version them.
>
> ODBCVER is set to 3.51, exactly the same as the Windows version...

Ah, bugger. I hadn't got around to checking these things out myself. Are
people really making libraries these days without versions numbers? Its
just asking for trouble.

>   > And isn't it funny how everybody preferred Avon to Blake... you
> never knew
>> quite whose side he was on: hisown mainly :-)
>
> I liked Avon.  Blake was a wuss.

You always knew Avon would come out on top since his self-preservation was
done at the expense of all others... whereas Blake was a bit of a wet (so
it was fairly obvious he'd be a gonner)

> They should have thrown cally out of the nearest airlock though... half
> the episodes seemed to be about her getting taken over telepathically
> and endangering the ship.

She did nothing for me at all... don't even get me started on Ultraworld,
which was all her fault.

>> You do realise that you have now given me the ideal excuse to watch all
>> the episodes to list all the goodies.
>
> You needed an excluse??? <g>

My worse-half gets a tad annoyed when I dig out the DVDs and watch all the
episodes back-to-back in a marathon session over the weekend...

BTW. I just got build 2040 up and running on both server and client sides...
its much happier with unixODBC 2.2.8... next week I'll probably move to
unixODBC 2.2.11.

--
David Somers
VoIP: FWD 622885