[cvsnt-dev] build 2.5.04.2428 unable to compile on Linux

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sat Aug 19 22:58:09 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> David Somers wrote:
>> Tony,
>>
>> I've been testing my gentoo ebuild for build 2428... It looks like the
>> makefiles need tweaking...
>>
>> i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../src -I../lib
>> -I../libltdl -D_CVSAPI -I/rdbms/public -I/rdbms/demo -O3 -pipe
>> -march=athlon-xp -mmmx -msse -m3dnow -mfpmath=sse -MT SSPIHandler.lo -MD
>> -MP -MF .deps/SSPIHandler.Tpo -c
>> unix/SSPIHandler.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/SSPIHandler.o
>> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../ufc-crypt/libufc.a', needed by
>> `libcvsapi.la'.  Stop.
>>
> Compiles on mine.. have you done a configure?

The gentoo ebuild does that automagically.

Its weird. Everything works from the command line, but when I try from
within the gentoo portage system it fails (one of the side-effects of using
portage is that the system does become far more sensitive to how the
makefiles do things).

It looks like, for some reason, its having problems with the way you pull in
libufc... build 2403 was fine... now with 2428 it bombs...perhaps something
is going wrong with the libcvsapi_la_LIBADD when the object is outside the
current dir? Confusing a library with a make target?

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever