[cvsnt-dev] build 2.5.04.2428 unable to compile on Linux

Richard Wirth richard at wirthware.de
Thu Aug 24 13:01:04 BST 2006

Hello Tony,

Sunday, August 20, 2006, 9:17:40 PM, you wrote:

TH> David Somers wrote:
>> Hmmm... I just tried with --with-internal-zlib and, hey, it fell over in a
>> similar fashion...
>>
>> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../zlib/libz.a', needed by `cvsnt'.
>> Stop.

TH> Odd ebuild problem I guess but they must be doing something really wierd
TH> to cause that.  I guess the thing to do is to ask them about it and see
TH> if they have any solutions - I can modify the build slightly if it'll help.

No, not ebuild is the reason.

The VPATH-Build is broken. If you build within the source tree,
everything works. It looks like ebuild is doing VPATH builds.

There is a Makefile.am missing in ufc-crypt. I could provide a stupid
first hack for it.

And with zlib I notised a broken Makefile.am some weeks ago, but I
thought I had commited a fix (?).

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:richard at wirthware.de