[cvsnt-dev] Re: Where to go forward with the main list.

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jul 24 00:21:58 UTC 2006

David Somers wrote:
> I haven't a clue either. I'm not sure if you saw my message on the main list
> buried amongst the spam, but it looks like a vtable symbol isn't being
> included in the .so. I committed a change today to LibraryAccess so you can
> get a better error message. I tried jigging around with linker options (-E
> to libtool) to force all symbols into the library and it made no
> difference;  unless I was invoking it wrong, I couldn't get that symbol
> in... maybe some __attribute__ ((visibility("default"))) voodoo needs to be
> done (a la http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility)

The visibility stuff isn't enabled by default.. partly because it's a
gcc 4 feature and at the time I didn't have a gcc 4 box to test it on,
and partly because it I haven't proved it doesn't break stuff.  You can
try it with --enable-visiblity and see what happens I guess.

> If you want some strace/ltrace stuff from me just tell me what command to
> run and I'll zap it over to you.

I can get loads of those now - just setup a new server to test this on.
  I've verified it doesn't work but can't guess why.

I suspect the traditional method of compiling those librararies later in
the build and explicitly linking them to cvsapi will fix it... OTOH it's
been working fine up to now without needing to do that.