[cvsnt-dev] Solaris x86

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Nov 28 22:28:54 GMT 2006

Brian Hicks wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like the packages available for solaris are for sparc only. are
> there any plans on releasing an x86 version?
>
> In the meantime, I've been trying to compile the latest commercial
> release, but I have been having no luck. I keep getting a linking error
> with MDNS.

Nobody here is a mindreader (or are they?), so do tell what the error is?

> does anybody have any info on the quirks to look out for when
> compiling on solaris?

What mDNS system is on your system... rendezvous/bonjour, etc. ... is
configure correctly picking it up?

> what compiler was used? How was the environment
> configured? What do I need to look out for? Any help would be appreciated.

Quick and dirty: don't bother with mDNS (unless you really really need to
use it - I've had a lot of problems getting it to work and in the end I
hacked xinetd to do the mDNS stuff rather than CVSNT - which means mDNS is
available for all my xinetd run services)... ./configure --disable-mdns

> p.s. BTW, I am trying to compile cvsnt2.5.03.2382 on Solaris 10 u2 x86_64
> (although I am compiling the 32 bit cvsnt, if it matters).

Try latest testing rather than latest commercial too...

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever