[cvsnt-dev] Solaris x86

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Nov 30 17:48:58 GMT 2006

Brian,

> in the latest testing... backporting fixes to latest commercial doesn't
> happen, so that's why its always a good idea to check latest testing to
> see

Patches to the current commercial release are made available to commercial
(Pro L2 or higher) customers.

> Tony/Arthur... care to comment on how you build on sparc?

With great difficulty ;)

We build in Sydney on Sol 9 and Manchester on Sparc 8 - though we may no
longer bother with Sol 8 for 2.5.04.  Sol 9 is build with gcc 3.4.2.  CVSNT
is very fussy about the compiler version.  All gcc compilers from
sunfreeware seem to be configured to use /usr/ccs/bin, ie:
# gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.4.2/specs
Configured with:
../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --disable-nls
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.2
#

On the commercial side we are more than happy to build a Solaris 10 Intel
version for a modest fee once you have a Pro L2 or higher support contract.
I see that Brian has a single user Suite license, but that is specifically
for windows/mac/linux.  Once a customer pays for a port then we continue to
maintain that port for open source and commercial customers.  Contact Glen
if you need a quote.

On the open source side - ports are done by people like you volunteering
time and effort and your own hardware.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett