[cvsnt-dev] cvsnt does not compile with upcoming GCC4.3

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Mon Apr 2 15:40:41 BST 2007

Tony Hoyle wrote:

[snip]

> cvsdelta.cpp already includes stdilb.h.  Adding an extra include here
> serves no purpose.
>
> I'd rather see the error output to see what is wrong.

I haven't had the time to do the compiling myself, so I can't give you
the error output, but I can give you the additional text that the
submitter of the bug has written:

"Your package fails to build with GCC 4.3.  Version 4.3 has not been
released yet but I'm building with a snapshot in order to find errors
and give people an advance warning.  In GCC 4.3, the C++ header
dependencies have been cleaned up.  The advantage of this is that
programs will compile faster.  The downside is that you actually
need to directly #include everything you use (but you really should
do this anyway, otherwise your program won't work with any compiler
other than GCC).  Some background of this can be found at
http://gcc.gnu.org/PR28080"

Best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch