[cvsnt-dev] cvsnt does not compile with upcoming GCC4.3

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Apr 2 16:14:07 BST 2007

Andreas Tscharner wrote:
> programs will compile faster.  The downside is that you actually
> need to directly #include everything you use (but you really should

Yes.. this is true - include dependencies are very carefully crafted in
cvsnt because we're multuplatform (even the order is important.. if you
include some things before others on eg. tru64 it changes the behaviour
of the header files and breaks stuff) - but the patch included does not
do that.. it just adds includes that are not needed into the header
files (I do try to avoid putting #include in a header file unless it's
really necessary - 99% of the time it can be done in a single cpp file,
lessening the impact of the change).

If he's saying that <map> and <vector> have predependencies then that
needs fixing in gcc... and is more likely an artefact of using a
snapshot build than anything in cvsnt.  I'd only include such things if
a final release had this problem (and even then I'd probably #ifdef it
for that compiler as for the hpux include in cvsdelta.h).