[cvsnt-dev] More progress...

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jun 26 05:20:50 BST 2007

Just a quick update on progress with 2.5.04.

Looks like we finally got all the commercial bug fixes working OK on the
CVSNT_BRANCH_2_5_03_2382 (including compiling on SuSE 9 64 bit), so now I
can start working on 2.5.04.

The list of things to do (in a very rought layout of the order I intend
doing them):
* Oracle 8 Support (testing on HPUX 8.1.7 client to WIndows 2000 server
8.1.5).
* HPUX shadow trigger stuff for March Hare Software internal use
* Bugs in "diff" that are causing headaches with merges on 2.5.04 server (or
Tony may get to this sooner)
* Bugs in "sync" protocol
* Open Source newsgroup submitted patches
* Merge in from CVSNT_BRANCH_2_5_03_2382
* New Release Candidate.

I'm not making any promies on how long all this is expected to take just
yet.  But I intend to be back in Manchester late July early August and
working in the same room as Tony - so I'd expect to have 2.5.04 RC out by
early August and stable by end August.

Regards,

Arthur