[cvsnt-dev] build errors on Fedora 9

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Dec 2 20:27:33 GMT 2008

Scott,

> Retry w/o config.log attachment which I guess is a no no.....

That's odd - I thought the dev list allowed attachments.  You could just
just pasting it into the message.  Can't really determine much without it.
Ideally the configure should be checking for cwd and PATH_MAX, but I guess
it's not - but presumably other build platforms have these things and there
has never been a need to test for it explicitly.  Fixing that of course
would just mean that it would then fail in configure instead of make.

> the following errors using gcc version 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8)

I suspect that we are not compiling with gcc 4.3 anywhere yet.  On redhat we
currently use  3.2.2, and I did try building on RedHat 5 (which is probably
the most 'recent' linux O/S we support) and that was with  4.1.2.

We don't have an official procedure for supporting new gcc releases, so it
comes down to something that the community need to provide patches for when
something breaks (without breaking other builds in the process).

Regards,

Arthur Barrett