[cvsnt-dev] build errors on Fedora 9

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Dec 3 19:01:57 GMT 2008

Andreas,

> As far as I know, gcc-4.4 is more strict, e.g. it requires
> the include
> file to be #included where it is needed and it does not check
> if it was
> included somewhere in the other included files.
> A lot of changes that I had to make for Debian was because of this
> behavior, which gcc-4.3 started and gcc-4.4 seems to go even further.

This behaviour appears abnormal (we compile the same code with ms c++ on
windows and also aCC on HPUX after all).  Is it possible to change this
behavious with a parameter passed to gcc?  If so I'd prefer it handled
that way since we rely on included files from headers within headers all
over the code.

> That solved the problem...put the three lines at the end of
> cvsapi.h and it
> now builds and installs.  Thanks!

But I suppose this brings up the question again of why gcc 4.4 fails to
compile the code in the first place.

There is no 'harm' in 'also' adding the lines suggested (however adding
to cvsapi.h is preferable to adding to each trigger).

Regards,

Arthur