[cvsnt-dev] Problems building CVSNT_BRANCH_2_5_03_2382

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 8 16:51:41 GMT 2008

Eric B. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone successfully managed to build CVSNT_BRANCH_2_5_03_2382?
>
> I tried checking out the source from CVS for CVSNT_BRANCH_2_5_03_2382, and
> followed Bo's Howto compile in windows help file, but I am running into
> several errors (not warnings).  I then ran across a posting from Arthur from
> a few months ago relating to some broken tags in the branch and used his
> manual script to extract the remainder of the cvsnt tree.

Bo's stuff is a quite out of date and I haven't looked at it for a
while, but the basic setup goes:

Start with a working VS2003 & cygwin.

Checkout cvsnt
Checkout cvsdeps

Setup include/lib paths paths to the various items in cvsdeps
(unfortunately for cvsnt there's no premade settings file like there is
for evs so this is still a manual task).

If you want oracle support, put paths to OCI headers/libs in the VS
search path, otherwise disable the oracle database support lib in the
project.

I think mkmanifest needs to be in the vs executable path too (it's in
smartloader/bin) unless a full path has been put in by now.

I don't think you need to go with that complex checkout procedure - last
time I did it I just checked out CVSNT_2_0_x and it worked fine.
Shouldn't be any different for the 2382 branch.

build.h is built at the start of the build process automatically.. you
didn't post any errors producing that though so I'm not sure what's
going on there.