[cvsnt-dev] Problems building CVSNT_BRANCH_2_5_03_2382

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 8 22:45:34 GMT 2008

Eric,

> My first goal right now is simply to get the code from the 2382 branch to
> compile without making any changes what-so-ever, but I am struggling with
> that.  I will retry with Tony's latest instructions and see if that makes
> any difference.

Tony generally builds from 2_0_x and I generally build from 2382.  You may
actually find it easier to build 2_0_x, getting one working after the other
is rather tricky since they use different versions of smartloader.

> Are those scripts part of the CVS tree as well?  Should I be using those
> scripts to build things?

Tony's versions are in 'Tony's Scripts" - i've modified them a bit, but mine
are not stored anywhere.

>> There is a program (genbuild or something) that creates it - it's the
>> first file in the build
>
> Does that have to be called by hand?  Or is the Rebuild Soln supposed to
> do that for me?

No - it's the first project in the solution that is built.  I've just looked
it up -it's called genbuild.

> Do you guys use VS for development as well?  Or some other IDE?

Yes we both use VS.NET 2003.

Regards,

Arthur