[cvsnt-dev] Is there way to debug CVS server from within VS2003 editor?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:05:26 GMT 2008

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote in message
news:foos3k$h86$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Tony I believe uses the "put an assert() somewhere early and then break
> into it with the debugger" method because he's smart (and generally tries
> to avoid HPUX).

Hmmm... not sure how that works.  I tried building in Debug mode, and put an
assert( false ) at the start of my method, but all I get is an Assert()
error msg - Do you want to Abort, Ignore, Retry?  If I try attaching the
debugger to the cvs.exe process at that point, it just seems to hang - no
matter which option I chose (Abort, Ignor, or Retry).  The CVS output just
hangs until I manually terminate the process.  Am I doing something wrong?

Is this the only way?  Am I missing something obvious?  Doesn't that mean
that every iteration you have to go through this whole thing? (generate
alert error, attach process, continue, etc.)

Tx,

Eric