[cvsnt-dev] Help using a manual build of cvs

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:16:49 BST 2009

Hi Arthur,

> > I had set up VS using Bo's instructions
>
> Where are these?

In the cvsnt root, there is a file called CompileOnWindows.txt.

> > A large number of projects give me an error
> > that config.h is missing.

Fixed - I had accidentally overwritten some of the individual project settings.  When I did a new clean checkout, this problem got fixed.

> Other things to check:
> - are you using VS.NET 2003?

Yes.  I tried VS2008, but MS made some changes to stdio.h that already has vnsprintf defined that does nothing but cause a whole bunch of more errors, so I did a clean checkout of cvsnt & cvsdeps and reverted back to VS.NET 2003.

> - Which edition (I've no idea if express works)?

Dev Environment 2003 Version 7.1.3088

> - Which Platform SDK (recommend Windows Server 2003 R2)

Have Windows Server 2003 SP1.

> VS.NET 2003 should ideally have these things set up in the options:
> Include directories:
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\include
> d:\cvsdeps\bonjour\include
> d:\cvsdeps\howl\include
> d:\cvsdeps\iconv\include
> d:\cvsdeps\infozip\c-headers
> d:\cvsdeps\infozip
> d:\cvsdeps\openSSL\include
> d:\cvsdeps\postgres\include
> d:\cvsdeps\sqlite\include
> d:\cvsdeps\u3 sdk\DAPI
> d:\cvsdeps\x32\libxml2\include
> C:\oraclexe\Ora81\OCI\
> c:\winddk\5112\inc\ddk
>
> (the last two are optional)
>
> Ditto for libraries...

I've done a fresh checkout, and set up all the cvsdep settings (except the last two above).  Additionally, I removed the Orcale_database dependency from cvsapi and cvsnt as I don't have the oracle libs, and disabled the build for the oracle_database project.

However, when I build cvsapi, I get the following errors:

Linking...

Creating library ..\WinRel/cvsapi.lib and object ..\WinRel/cvsapi.exp

XmlNode.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewProp referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CXmlNode::NewAttribute(char const *,char const *)" (?NewAttribute at CXmlNode@@QAE_NPBD0 at Z)

XmlNode.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _xmlNewChild referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall CXmlNode::NewNode(char const *,char const *,bool,char const *)" (?NewNode at CXmlNode@@QAE_NPBD0_N0 at Z)

XmlNode.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _xmlNodeGetContent referenced in function "public: char const * __thiscall CXmlNode::GetValue(void)const " (?GetValue at CXmlNode@@QBEPBDXZ)

XmlNode.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _xmlNodeSetContent referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CXmlNode::SetValue(char const *)" (?SetValue at CXmlNode@@QAEXPBD at Z)

(There are 59 similar errors).  I am assuming that there is a lib that my linker isn't finding, but am not sure which.  I thought it might have been the libxml2 lib, but I double checked and I have cvsdeps\x32\libxml2\lib specified in my VS options.

Am I missing another lib specification?

Thanks,

Eric