[cvsnt-dev] cvsnt - deadlock while tagging

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jul 21 00:47:48 BST 2009

Krzysztof Nowak

> We have installed cvsnt on Linux machine and we have found deadlock while
> two tagging operations where issued by two clients on the whole repository
> tree.

What exactly were you doing when you think you found this deadlock?

We need a procedure to reproduce the problem - or at least give us a general
idea of what was happening when the problem occurred and why you went
looking for a locking problem.

Since some very very large sites use CVSNT, I'm a little sceptical that it
really is a deadlock - unless it's a very rare scenario or some very odd
procedure/use of the software.

I look forward to your explanation.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett