[Cvsnt] Error Message on Commit

Gates, Donald T DONALD.T.GATES at saic.com
Wed Dec 12 19:21:28 GMT 2001

I am trying to commit a 158MB file. I was able to do it (with some
difficulty) once before. However, I don't remember how I was able to
accomplish it.

The error message I am getting is:

unable to write, file XSW700GR1020_10_20_700.DEPOT
No space left on device

Environment:
    Server: Windows 2000 running CVSNT 1.11.1.2 (Build 41)
    Client: Windows 2000 running WinCVS 1.3.6.1 (Beta 6 (Local Build 1)

I've checked, and there is enough space on the drive containing the
repository.
My storage space quota is more than high enough to accomodate the file.
The page file never grows anywhere near its maximum.
The amount of available physical memory reported by the server's Task
Manager never drops below 15MB.

What have I missed?

Don