[Cvsnt] Error Message on Commit

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Dec 12 19:44:31 GMT 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:21:28 +0000 (UTC), "Gates, Donald T"
<DONALD.T.GATES at saic.com> wrote:

>I am trying to commit a 158MB file. I was able to do it (with some
>difficulty) once before. However, I don't remember how I was able to
>accomplish it.

CVS isn't the best place to store a 158MB (presumably binary) file...

>The error message I am getting is:
>
>unable to write, file XSW700GR1020_10_20_700.DEPOT
>No space left on device

To commit you'll need at least 158MB*2+(size of RCS file) free space.
If this is a binary file & you've committed before the RCS file could
well be huge.  If it's text it has to diff the individual file which
could well at another 100MB or so to the space usage.