[Cvsnt] differences between loginfo and notify handling

Joachim Achtzehnter joachima at netacquire.com
Thu Dec 13 20:53:23 GMT 2001

Bo Berglund wrote:

> 2. LOGINFO
> When using the loginfo file I noted that for a module like the one
> described above CVS calls loginfo only once. But if the modified files
> span several subdirectories to the main module directory then CVS will
> fie once for each such directory so that multiple emails are created.
> Is it possible to get CVS to compile all of the files into a single
> invocatioon of loginfo so that there can be one email only?

This would require incompatible changes to the API and many existing
scripts would break. This doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, only that it
will come at a price...

> WATCH settings
> Is there any way to specify for which condition a watch should
> trigger? I would like it to go off for edit and unedit but not for
> commit, since loginfo will handle the commits. I can only find
> reference to [all, commit, edit, none, unedit] as actions, but not how
> to set edit+unedit.

  cvs watch add -a edit -a unedit hello.cpp

Joachim

--
work:     joachima at netacquire.com   (http://www.netacquire.com)
private:  joachim at kraut.ca          (http://www.kraut.ca)