[Cvsnt] Re: [cvsgui] Easy way to send email on commit with CVS-NT??

Terris terris at terris.com
Wed Sep 5 04:56:14 BST 2001

The loginfo contents are on the devguy site -- look at the left-hand pane at
the top of the page.

My loginfo contains one line:

DEFAULT perl -S cvs_loginfo.pl %{sVv} $USER

If you want per-module behavior, you can either change the script or alter
the loginfo script to call different scripts based on the module.  The lines
in loginfo start with a regular expression instead of DEFAULT.  I think
there's an example in the loginfo file.

If you can't send email via SMTP, the script won't help you.  Adding the
SMTP protocol to Exchange is trivial.

I believe you need to create a new "users" file and check it in.  I'm not
sure what the format would be for ntserver.  If your nt logins map to email
addresses (e.g., joeuser has email account joeuser at foo.com) then you don't
need a users file.  You merely need to alter c:\perl\lib\cfgmgmt\globals.pm
and specify the email domain.