[Cvsnt] Newbie, "No such repository" error on create repository

Bo Berglund bosse at agiusa.com
Thu Apr 4 07:04:37 BST 2002

1. Documentation
There ain't very much documentation on the program itself. What I have found
is
about the same as you have. CVS is widely documented
(http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/)

2. CVSNT version
AFIK there is no dependency between client and server. I have used both 1.2
and 1.3
against all kinds of cvs servers both CVSNT 1.10.8 and all flavours of
1.11.1.x as
well as against Linux versions. No difference.

3. Setup
I am using ntserver on my managed repositories. The issue with pserver was
that by
using pserver (with the latest CVSNT) it is possible to use file system
permissions
still and the clients could be on Win95/98/ME because the server operates on
behalf
of the aliased or logged in account. So many people wanted to get it going.
You still need the passwd file with ntserver to allow people in I have found
out.

4. Documentation for CVSNT setup
Well, I don't think there is much more than devguy and my news post that
cover the
details of setting up. Why don't you use my posted instructions? They do
work.

5. Import
This is a general CVS usage thing. You should read up on CVS. The client
software
(WinCvs) just is a help, but you need to understand the basics. I really
recommend
reading Karl Fogel's book. (http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/)
And NO, the import is done from the client. Nothing is done from the server
once
it has been set up. In fact it should be isolated from all direct tampering
from
everybody.

/Bo