Vedr.: Re: [Cvsnt] CVSRootChanger for Windows

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Thu Apr 4 08:04:23 BST 2002

Another approach (a simple command file):

@echo off
ECHO
ECHO   This script changes the CVS-repository for all checked out modules
in D:\Projects
ECHO
REM Set new cvsroot
SET CVSROOT=:yourserver:machineid:C:\SOURCE
REM Set the root of your sandboxes
SET CVSPRDIR=D:\Projects
REM Find all Root files and call subroutine to make the change
FOR /R %CVSPRDIR% %%I IN (root) DO CALL :CHGROOOT "%%I"
GOTO :EOF
:CHGROOOT
if not exist %1 goto :NEXT
REM Tell what you do
echo Changing root in module %1
ECHO %CVSROOT%>%1
:NEXT
:EOF

Med venlig hilsen

Jørgen Møller Larsen, KMF
Nykredit Data
email: jml at nykredit.dk
Tlf. direkte 96 35 50 69

                    Peter Brown
                    <pbrown at cs.um        Til:    Henrich Deppenmeier <hdeppenmeier at gmx.de>
                    ass.edu>             cc:     <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>
                    Sendt af:            Vedr.:  Re: [Cvsnt] CVSRootChanger for Windows
                    cvsnt-admin at c
                    vsnt.org

                    2002-04-03
                    17:32
                    Besvar
                    venligst til
                    Peter Brown

we addressed this problem for MacCVS users by using BBEdit to do a
search/replace over multiple files (search for 'oldserver' in all files
called Root, replace with 'newserver')

i have also used this one-liner to fix my CVS/Root files (on win2000 using
cygwin/perl):

find . -name Root -exec perl -nle 's/oldserver/newserver/; print;' -i.bak
{} ;

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Henrich Deppenmeier wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I noticed some people having the wish to change the cvs\root file
contents
> of a existing folder structure. It's nothing big, but I made a small
program
> for this purpose for our internal use.
>
> Feel free to download it at
> http://people.freenet.de/hdeppenmeier/CVSRootChangerExe.zip , the
(Delphi)
> source can be found at
> http://people.freenet.de/hdeppenmeier/CVSRootChangerSrc.zip, and a
> screenshot can be found at
> http://people.freenet.de/hdeppenmeier/CVSRootChanger.jpg.
>
> The usual disclaimer (commit all your changes, backup your files, use at
> your own risk, etc.) applies.
>
> Just a word to all 'pure cvs' fans : Yes, I know that committing changes,
> deleting your module on the harddrive and checking it out again is the
> 'better' way to do it.
> But as we had to switch our servername, we would have to do that for a
> larger amount of projects on a larger number of computers.
>
> And another word about my favorite cvs frontend WinCVS : No, I could not
get
> the macro for changing the root to work. That's perhaps due to the fact
that
> I refuse to install complete tcl packages or python on every computer in
our
> company. I'm still working with a tcl81.dll copied to every WinCVS
> installation folder and we will try to stick to WinCVS 1.4b4 as long as
> possible for that reason.
> (I really dislike the changes that happened between 1.4b4 and 1.4b6
because
> they render the existing tcl scripts useless for my configuration and try
> force me to install a 10+ MB Python package on every computer).
>
> Have a nice day,
>
>     Henrich.

Peter Brown                 Senior Software Engineer
Dept. of Computer Science        140 Governors Drive
University of Massachusetts   Amherst, MA 01003-4610
Phone: (413) 577-2505            Fax: (413) 545-1249
pbrown at cs.umass.edu  http://www.cs.umass.edu/~pbrown