[Cvsnt] windows 2000, ntserver and named pipe error 64

Anthony Williams anthwil at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Apr 16 10:58:24 BST 2002

"Anthony Williams" <anthwil at nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
news:a9gos9$a87$1 at sisko.my.home...
> "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote in message
> news:3cb7151f.2741412921 at news.cvsnt.org...
> > Hmm,
> > the timeout problem reminds me of another similar networking problem I
> > have seen on W2000 (described in another posting).
> > I would be very interested to hear if the fix described below has any
> > influence on this behaviour. Could one of you who see this problem
> > kindly apply the fix and report back the result?
> >
> > Fix description:
> > Open RegEdit and go to key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters
> > There is a DWORD item named 'autodisconnect' which has a default value
> > of 15 (minutes).
> > If you change this to say 60 and restart your machine I wonder if the
> > reported time until the disconnect happens is increased to 60 minutes?
> > Really the easiest way to test it may be to *reduce* the time in the
> > registry to 3 or so and then wait for 4-5 minutes before a renewed
> > test is done.
>

> This doesn't fix the problem. There is a related registry value "Disc" in
> the same key, which also defaults to 15, and is the number of minutes to
> allow an idle connection, so I will try that next

Setting "Disc" doesn't seem to work, either --- win2k ignores most values as
"invalid".

Anyway, I still have the "error 64" problem. Thanks for trying, anyway.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Engineer, Nortel Networks Optical Components Ltd