[Cvsnt] CVS NT Problems

pbehl at attglobal.net pbehl at attglobal.net
Mon Apr 29 18:40:54 BST 2002

I am just starting to use CVS NT and CVS - having problems in starting to
use CVS NT. The configuration is:

CVS NT 1.11.1.3 running as service, listening on port 2401, set to
repository c:\cvstest\reps\rep1 (use "local users instead of domain" box
unchecked in control panel).
My machine name is 9aslbcb. Domain user id is pbehl.

Following fails:

C:\WINNT\Profiles\pbehl\Desktop>cvs -d
:pserver:pbehl at 9ASLBCB:c:\cvstest\reps\rep1 login
Logging in to :pserver:pbehl at 9aslbcb:2401c:\cvstest\reps\rep1
CVS password: *************
>> cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server 9ASLBCB: -1

>> How can I figure out the problem. Is there a log file anywhere. Any idea
what the problem could be? I am just starting to use this - it could be
something quite basic.

Thanks.