[cvsnt] Re: Installing cvsnt under Redhat Linux 7.1

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Aug 14 15:02:37 BST 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:43:22 +0200, "Gerhard Stegemann"
<GStegemann at csi.com> wrote:

>- should the cvsnt Redhat package install under Redhat or will
>  it only install under Debian?

In theory - it's just the debian package converted using 'alien' which
seems to work most of the time.

>- are the perl files really needed by cvsnt for Redhat?

It's the first I've heard of it.

>- is there a replacement for debian/confmodules?

You shouldn't need it.

>- or, what tweaks are required to cvsnt running under Redhat Linux?

Best to download the source and compile it.  I don't have access to an
RPM based system to test on - alien has worked for me in the past and
I'm surprised it's not working now.  Presumably you're the first
person to try the RPM - I'll delete it and stick with the .deb for
now.