[cvsnt] MSVCP70 needed for release-snapshot ?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Aug 14 21:49:50 BST 2002

> > The release snapshot is compiled using VC7 (VC.NET) so needs
> > msvcr70.dll and msvcp70.dll.  The control panel is an MFC app so will
> > also need the mfc70.dll.  They should be around if you look for
> Yes, thanks !
> Now I copied the msvcr70.dll, msvcp70.dll and the mfc70.dll and mfc70u.dll
> to my system32-directory.
> Now everything including the control panel-control  works!

Where did you find them? I have now already spent over an hour trying to
locate them on the Microsoft site. Installing the .NET runtime did not help.
They were not included therein.

I have so far only found some warez sites that supply these DLLs but I'm
reluctant to use these. Shouldn't there be some official site hosting the
redistributable runtime libraries?

Oliver