[cvsnt] How do I monitor client requests and pserver responses?

Cummings, Charles (Debt Markets Technology) chcum at exchange.ml.com
Wed Aug 21 20:41:22 BST 2002

Greetings -

Is it possible to log what's communicated between the command line and the cvs pserver (the client request as well as the server response at actual protocol level, i.e. whats transmitted via tcp/ip)?
I'm trying to establish what is different when a checkout is done via jcvs client and from the command line - a checkout via jcvs is generating different CVS files than that from the command line and
want to see the actual raw requests and response.

There appear to be no errors, but it doesn't seem to be a valid checkout.  I can trace the data to and from the jcvs client, so now I want to compare it with what happens from the command line.

I'm using cvsnt 1.11.1.3 (Build 57g) on Win2K.

Thanks,

Charles