[cvsnt] Problems while tagging - WinCVS 1.2

Luanna Silva luanna.silva at promon.com.br
Thu Aug 22 15:35:35 BST 2002

Hello, everybody! I´d very much apreciate if you could help me:

sometimes, when i try to tag a module, i get the following error:
"End of file from server".

When i go to the server and check the module, i see that a file beginning with a comma (like ,something, ) was created. Well...

- i delete that file, try again, the problem continues.
- i verify all locks, everything that could be holding that file, there´s nothing
- i restart my CVS Client, the problem continues
- i´ve restarted CVS NTService, the problem continued
- My only choice was booting the server!! then it worked :-)

Please, isnt there a smoother way to get things working?

Thanks in advance,

Luanna Marques da Silva | Analista de Sistemas, TI
luanna.silva at promon.com.br