[cvsnt] Automatic send commited files over to an FTP server....

Eduardo Marreiros jem.novageo at taguspark.pt
Mon Aug 26 14:51:35 BST 2002

Hi all,

I've been using CVSNT for some time now, and it's been working fine for me.

Now, I needed to automate the task to transfer files to an FTP server...
After some digging, I created a small 'C' aplication to run as a "loginfo"
filter.  This app, launched by the server, parses the log-message, and
detects the 4 possible situations (T_TITLE, T_ADDED, T_REMOVED, T_MODIFIED)
and proceeds to "mkdir", "delete" or "put" to the ftp server. It runs in the
cvsnt server temp directory with all the files (apparently) lying in there.
Easy to FTP them to the server....

It seemed to work like a charme, until something happened:  looks like, as
my 'filter' is running, some other process is cleaning up all the files in
this temp-dir... Getting to transfer them to the server, is only a matter of
luck... :-((

So, my question is:  is there any way to hold the cleanup process until the
loginfo filters are done?... or (better yet) any other idea on how to
automatically transfer commited files to an ftp server ?   (I cannot SSH to
the server and issue any "cvs update ...")

TIA,
Eduardo M.