[cvsnt] Need help with pserver: User '...' is not a real user on the system.

Carl Zmola carl at membersonlysoftware.com
Mon Aug 26 14:59:53 BST 2002

On 26 Aug 2002 at 15:33, Matthias.Kistler at ubsw.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried to set up a cvsnt server which should be accessed from unix
> and therefore use the pserver protocol. I can connect using the :ntserver:
> and :sspi: protocols, but when I try to set up the passwd file for use with
> pserver I get this error:

I have been using pserver without a passwd file.  I know this isn't very
secure, but it does seem to work.  I can log in to CVS with my
NT domain userid and password.

I haven't spent much time trying to get anything else to work since
we live behind a firewall, and security isn't of prime importance.

Carl