[cvsnt] Using CVSNT with repository on SAMBA drive

David McAvoy David.McAvoy at PerComm.com
Wed Aug 28 18:35:15 BST 2002

Hi Bo,

Thanks for the comments!

I agree, it's not necessary to backup working copies
if developers are consistent in committing or
checkpointing changes back to the repository on a
regular basis.

I was concerned about the repository itself and how
moving critical data from the standard file server onto
a stand alone PC reduces the consistency and ease
of administration of the backup and file system
solution.

By the way, I meant to say "fork", instead of "exec"...
Oops!

Thanks,
  David.

news:mh1omu0qui33kqt9bha001ft5brm8scuiv at 4ax.com...