[cvsnt] Compulsary to have ntfs for w2k pro

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Dec 5 09:18:21 GMT 2002

Marcus,
I sent it via email so as not to slow down the response. At work I don't have
access to the newsserver due to corporate firewall policies and I have noted that whatever
I send by email to the list takes about 6-10 hours to come through. Don't know why. Ask Tony maybe?

Also, when one hits Reply to a message from the CVSNT list the address extracted is NOT
the list address as is customary, instead it is the poster's own address. So in order to
send to the list I have to manually delete your address and instead dig up the list address
from my address book....
This is a quirk with the CVSNT list that one is not affected if one uses the newsserver instead,
but as I said I can't do that at work unfortunately. :-(

The alternative is to never answer anything from the list until the evening back home.

Regarding the NTFS conversion:
I have done this several times and what happens is that NT recognizes that the current
drive (or the system drive) is the target and suggests to schedule it for the next reboot.
This usually works fine, but of course it delays the boot a bit.

/Bo