[cvsnt] Compulsary to have ntfs for w2k pro

Paul St. John pstjohn at visible-bytes.com
Thu Dec 5 14:19:16 GMT 2002

> Regarding the NTFS conversion:
> I have done this several times and what happens is that NT
> recognizes that the current
> drive (or the system drive) is the target and suggests to
> schedule it for the next reboot.
> This usually works fine, but of course it delays the boot a bit.

A word of warning if you're using an older system...

I recently tried converting my system using this method.  The
machine I'm running cvsnt on is quite old and in order to access
the full capacity of the hard drive I've installed 'EZ-bios'
(from western digital - the manufacturer of the drive).

Seems ntfs is not one of the file systems that the version of the
utility I have understands - regardless of cause, result was that
when NT tries to convert the system drive next time it boots the '
system hangs and I never get back into NT.

I left the system partition as FAT and the partition that has
cvs repository I formatted as ntfs using NT's disk administrator
utility.

$0.02
-paul.