[cvsnt] cvs server: Script execution failed

Nicholas Yue nicholas.y at NOSPAM.immersivetechnologies.com
Wed Dec 11 05:50:13 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have a machine called cvsserver with cvsnt installed that is part of a
domain called MYDOMAIN.
There is a local group called CVSUsers on the machine cvsserver.

Note that the machine cvsserver is not the domain controller.

I have two domain users MYDOMAIN\john and MYDOMAIN\joe

MYDOMAIN\john and MYDOMAIN\joe are in CVSUsers group on the cvsserver
machine

In addition MYDOMAIN\john is in the Administrator group on the cvsserver
machine and is allowed to login interactively on the machine cvsserver.

I constructed a batch file echohello.bat that contains the following line

 REM test file for verifymsg
 echo Hello World

I put it in the following location d:/cvssupport

I edited the file verifymsg so that it contains

^infra d:/cvssupport/echohello.bat

Note: I have a module named "infra".

When I perform commit using the MYDOMAIN\john account via WinCVS, cvs server
executes the program echohello.bat

When I perform commit using the MYDOMAIN\joe account via WinCVS, cvs server
issued the following message

 "cvs server: Script execution failed"

The "ordinary" cvs users already have all the required execute/read/write
permission, I have also tried giving them full control but it makes no
difference.

Any suggestions? I understand that on UNIX/Linux, there is the concept of a
su flag but I don't know how to do the same thing for CVSNT.

Cheers
--
Nicholas Yue