[cvsnt] 'cvs ls' listing files in repository, not modules

Chris Brown brown2 at reflexe.fr
Wed Dec 11 16:13:14 GMT 2002

Hello,

I seem to have misunderstood something along the way with CVSNT...

I'm following the "cederqvist" guide, and am having problems understanding
how I can find out about what modules are defined without actually checking
out the CVSROOT/modules file.  I've successfully imported the following
simple project:

  /test
      /simple
          HelloWorld.java

My "CVSROOT/modules" file contains the following line (apart from the
comments):

  test-simple test/simple

I checked out the modules file, modified it, then checked it back in, as
described in the "cederqvist" documentation.  I can checkout successfully
either using "test/simple" (path in repository) or "test-simple" (module
name), so everything seems okay in that respect.

I just can't find out what modules are defined without looking into the
"modules" file itself: typing "cvs ls" returns the following output:

  Listing modules on server

  CVSROOT
  test

I can't seem to find an option to list modules, not directories, which seems
all the more confusing given that "cvs ls" claims to be listing the
*modules* !!!

Is it possible to list the modules, and if so how?

Thanks,
Chris