[cvsnt] RE: Problem upgrading to build 62

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 12 18:36:04 GMT 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:39:17 GMT, tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) wrote:

>Have you had any luck with the Innosetup installer?  There are things
>that still bug me about it (like always selecting 'full' install by
>default) and it's got at least one bug (try hitting the back button
>from the antivirus warning page), but I might give it a shot if it's
>no worse than IS.

Yes, I am really satisfied with the way Innosetup IX does things. So
far I have been able to do all what I wanted (I have no service to
install so I don't know about that). For example I have just learned
how to create a network share on setup, easy again.
So I am converting all of our setups to ISX now. And I am using CVSNT
as a store for the files to use so I have a batch file that gets
checked out of CVS and then executed and this exports all needed files
including the ISS script, then executes it and in less than a minute I
have a new setup file with a file extension that comes from the file
version of the main program file. Nifty.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)