[cvsnt] SSPI encryption not working

Benoît Desmeules bdesmeules at eurekium.com
Thu Dec 12 22:22:33 GMT 2002

Hi there

I've finished setting up a CVSNT server on our domain controller and I
wanted the clients to use SSPI protocol with encryption to access the
repository. Although I am able to log in the server using "cvs -x login",
when I do other CVS commands, they all fail with the following message :
"@cvs [* aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)"
(here, * is the command I executed, for example, ls).

I looked around in the documentation, on the CVSNT web site but haven't
found any troubleshooting concerning this problem. I've started the CVSNT
server as a command line program using cvsservice -test to see what was
happening. To my surprise, it successfully worked on the client side when
the server was running as a command line. Therefore, it might be a NT
service problem.

Anyone have a hint on what i can try to debug that error?

I've looked in the CVSNT news group and found that someone else had the
same problem (Phil Dye, 12/04/2002 11:58AM) but reading at the message
thread, I haven't found any solution to the problem. What's the status of
this issue?

By the way, I'm using the latest build : CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 62).

Thanks in advance

         Ben