[cvsnt] RE: [cvsgui] Re: Unable to correctly import *.tar.gz archives

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Dec 16 16:09:01 GMT 2002

I might have misunderstood your intent here. I thought that you were going
to migrate a *repository* from Linux to CVSNT and so had tar:ed the entire
file structure of your existing repository so as to move it over to NT.
When people do this they UnTar using WinZip and fall into the trap of "smart"
CR/LF conversion that makes the repository unusable.
Now I think that what you want is to add a *.gz file to an existing module in
the CVSNT repository. This is not what I replied to, sorry.

Well you should be able to add this file using the -kb flag in WinCvs. Just
disregard the notice about the Unicode detection, it is bogus anyway.
If you get it in to CVS as binary then it will come out as entered just fine.

/Bo