[cvsnt] RE: [cvsgui] Re: Unable to correctly import *.tar.gz archives

Arvind Raman arvind_raman_tech at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 04:46:34 GMT 2002

Hi there,
This might sound interesting- probably might throw out
a bug
1. I tried adding the file (*.tar.gz) to the database
- checked out the file and compared it with the one
that I has checked in. It was same.
2. But when I tried importing the same file - CVS
recognized it as a Unicode file - I asked it to force
it as a binary file (used the -kb option). After the
import happened I looked at the RCS file and it was
just a 1KB big. Obviously the file on the database was
not similar to the one I had asked it to import.

So there exists some difference between import and add
even when both of them treat the file in the same way.
Is that normal ?

regards
Arvind