[cvsnt] taginfo and return code

Alexandre Augusto Drummond Barroso adrummond at bdmg.mg.gov.br
Fri Dec 20 20:54:44 GMT 2002

I have some scripts running on server side to validate commits and so on.

I found the following information in the book "Open Source Development With CVS", taginfo:
"If PROGRAM exits with nonzero status, the tag operation will not succeed."
and in Cederqvist this exit status is not mentioned in session 8.3 (about taginfo).

Of course I know Cederqvist is the "the facto" CVS manual.

Even though, I would like to know if CVSNT should abort tag and rtag commands execution
if a taginfo script returns something but zero.

Is there another way to abort a tag or rtag command based on tagname and branch (version
number)?

Thnx in advance.

Xandao.