[cvsnt] Simple WinCVS-cvsnt setup

Steve Line cvsnt at steveline.com
Fri Dec 20 21:14:12 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple configuration setup that will get our group
working with WinCVS and cvsnt.  I installed cvsnt 1.11 on our server,
sql_moc.drm.local under a login called 'projadmin'. I installed WinCVS
1.2 on my machine.  The cvsnt server is running and the repository is
in c:\edbdata\CvsRoot.

When I attempt a login from WinCVS to the cvsnt server I get this error:
  cvs login
  (Logging in to projadmin at sql_moc.drm.local)
  [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from sql_moc.drm.local:
server: E cannot open c:/edbdata/CvsRoot/CVSROOT/config: Permission
denied

  *****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Here are my WinCVS preferences settings:
Enter the CVSROOT:
projadmin at sql_moc.drm.local:c:\edbdata\CvsRoot

Authentication:
"passwd" file on cvs server

Use Version:
cvs-1.10 (NT Server)

If I do a login without WinCVS to the server as projadmin I have
permissions to create and modify the files in c:\edbdata\CvsRoot and
c:\edbdata\CvsRoot\CVSROOT so I don't understand why WinCVS is getting
Permission Denied.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve