[cvsnt] How can I add user/password in CVSNT at Domain environments?

Woosung Choi woosung_kr at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 27 02:22:06 GMT 2002

Dear all.

I have some problem in configuring CVS in CVSNT at Windows2000 domain
environments.
I successfully install CVSNT in our domain controller, and start service in
Windows2000 server, and I copied previous project repository from another
server PC which userd pserver protocol.
I want use ntserver protocol in this case.

My working procedure like this.
First, I copy previous repository from previous server to new server.
In CVS control panel, add repository in that copied location.
In command line I typed,

set cvsroot=:ntserver:<mysvr>:/alpha
cvs passwd -a -r name1 -D domain1 namecvs1

but this error occur.
cvs [passwd aborted]: no such user Administrator in CVSROOT/passwd

I tried using old pserver's passwd file and also tried without passwd
file(removed.)

Please answer.

Thanks for reading.