[Cvsnt] Latest Updates

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Sat Feb 16 17:55:21 GMT 2002

Bo Berglund wrote:

> You must have some caching service somewhere between you and the
> servers. I note that the file name is the same cvsnt_1.11.1.3.exe as
> when I downloaded several weeks ago (before I got my own compiler up
> and running). This might confuse the cache server. It might be a
> better idea to put a build ID on the setup file name on the server so
> all versions are distinctly differently named, for example
> cvsnt_1.11.1.3.b8a.exe. Then the cache service (if existing) would
> have nothing to handle. On the other hand, this means that the links
> on the page need to be maintained as well....

I don't know what caused my problem. It happened at work, at home, and
at school, which are on three different networks. What has really odd
was that I'd never downloaded any of the betas before. But, anyway, it
seems like a hassle to change the links every time Tony updates the
package. I will just have to be more careful when I download future
versions.

Thanks,
Brian