[Cvsnt] Impersonation fails for ntserver in Beta8

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 14 20:01:55 GMT 2002

I have now updated my cvsnt sandbox, built all, stopped the cvsnt
service and copied all application files to my cvsnt directory. Then
restarted the service.

When trying to connect using WinCvs 1.3 in a sandbox that was working
fine with the previous cvsnt version I received this:

cvs -z9 update -P (in directory C:\Engineering\TEST\ModuleXX\)
Fatal error, aborting.
error 0 bosse: Impersonation for :ntserver: protocol failed.
cvs [update aborted]: writing to server: Invalid argument
*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Trying the command line cvs instead (which uses the cvsnt cvs.exe):

C:\Engineering\TEST\ModuleXX>cvs -z9 update -P
Fatal error, aborting.
cvs [update aborted]: bosse: Impersonation for :ntserver: protocol
failed.

I have gone through all the settings in control panel and they are as
they used to be, but it won't work.
Right now I have all checkboxes switched on:
-TCP/IP port
-Named pipe
-Impersonation
-use local user

My system is an XP-Pro workstation on a workgroup (no domain).
I have set Systemauth=yes in the config file (brute force since I
cannot check out and commit now).

What happened?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)