[Cvsnt] "authorization failed: server xxx rejected access to f:/xxx/CVS"

Gordon Rose Gordon at GoRose.com
Fri Feb 8 22:53:27 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've successfully configured pserver on CVSNT and have successfully logged
in. However -- and it's a big however, when I check out CVSRoot for the
purpose of modifying the config file and then go to commit, I get the error
I put in the subject. Now I see umpteen references to the inetd file on UNIX
platforms. But this is NT. I have no idea how to authorize access w/o such a
file.

Clarification: I enter a user and an encrypted password in the passwd file.
It seems to work fine. What is the user identity of the pserver as it
performs its work? I see the "impersonation" checkbox. However, only the
user name in the passwd file is "real" -- the password does not correspond
to a real password. If that were going to be a problem, I would expect
problems checking out, but there were none. Only commiting.

The issue of pserver users vs. NT users is very confusing. In fact, I'll
make that a separate post.

Any thoughts on configuring access to CVSRoot for my pserver user on CVSNT
would be appreciated! Thanks,

Gordon