[Cvsnt] Confused: pserver users vs. NT users

Gordon Rose Gordon at GoRose.com
Fri Feb 8 22:56:41 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to get a handle on using CVSNT in pserver mode.

I tried the following: created two users in the passwd file. One name
corresponded to a real NT account, the other not. The password for the
"real" user in the passwd file did not match the NT password for the user by
the same name. Logged in using cvs login just fine. Created a pserver user
called Fred, for whom there was no corresponding NT account. Again, logged
in fine. However, when I checked the .cvpass file in my home directory
(%home%), it showed an entry for the pserver user the name of which matched
an existing NT account (mine). When I went to log Fred out, it said there
was "no such user." SysAuth=no in my config file. I currently have
impersonation off for the pserver. What gives here? I am using -d to insure
it is the pserver protocol I'm using. Thanks for your insights.

Gordon