[Cvsnt] Cant get any remote protocols working - please help

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Feb 17 21:00:43 GMT 2002

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 19:09:44 +0000 (UTC), Brian Smith
<brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu> wrote:

>Yeah, but really I would like to have the new features available in the
>Betas. My problem occurs with Beta 6 (I pulled CVSNT from its CVS
>repository with the beta-6 tag, built it, and then tested it) too. I
>think I "narrowed" down my problem to have occursed between checkins on
>Jan 17 and Beta 6; I tried to test by pulling by date on the 18th and 19
>and it seemed like CVSNT couldn't even recognize the NTSERVER protocol
>at all.

Try pulling the HEAD revision of the cvsnt repository instead and
build that. Yesterday Tony found and fixed a problem with the ntserver
protocol if the cvsnt cvs.exe got used by WinCvs. There is no longer
an error message about the nonworking ntserver protocol.
So you can now use the cvsnt cvs.exe with WinCvs and get the new
functions. You need to copy the cvs.exe and all <name>_protocol.dll
files produced by the build over to WinCvs 1.3 to use it.
The new function cvs ls works like a charm, should be the base for
Jerzy or someone else to finally build a repository browser for WinCvs
too. :-)

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)