[Cvsnt] Cant get any remote protocols working - please help

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Mon Feb 18 00:14:43 GMT 2002

It seems that CVSNT is still trying to authenticate the user with
LogonUser even when SystemAuth=yes, and even when it doesn't even have a
password to use. I think that the server needs to check the SystemAuth
setting before trying any password-checking. For example, the attached
patch seems to work for my setting (but, I don't use any passwd file at
all). The patch has a "_asm int 3;" breakpoint in it so that you can
start debugging at what I think is the right spot.

I hope this helps,
Brian