[Cvsnt] Impersonation failed

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Feb 17 21:08:43 GMT 2002

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:13:42 +0000 (UTC), "Russ Freeman"
<news at freesoft.co.uk> wrote:

>I've noticed that CVS appears to output that bizzare CVSROOT by itself (last
>seen with build 51). Perhaps it is the cause of recent problems?
>
>Russ

Then we are talking problems in WinCvs 1.3 (this is the cvsnt
list...).
I have also noted that problem in WinCvs and complained about it a lot
until I gave up and checked out the cvsgui repository and built it
myself. The reason I did that was that this particular bug was
reported as fixed but no new beta setup containing the fix was
published. As I am writing this the published beta on SourceForge is
still the one released Oct 20, 2001.
By checking out cvsgui and building myself I now have up-to-date
software and I can report that most of what I was complaining about
has been fixed. Remains one strange item, the cvsroot in the Root file
looks like this example after checkouts using ntserver:
:ntserver:@cvsserver:d:/cvs/pc

The extra @ character does not seem to cause any ill effects though.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)